Monday, August 4, 2008

Congratulations Phil Plait!

Phil Plait, the Bad Astronomer, has just been announced as the new President of the James Randi Educational Foundation. I've been wondering for a few years who would be a good choice to take over Randi's role as the face of the JREF and I pretty much drew blanks. I stand corrected. Phil Plait is a marvelous choice for the job and I look forward to him making the media rounds. What's great about Phil is that he has such enthusiasm for science and critical thinking that he never seems to come off as cynical. If you can track down the old Penn Jillette radio program that had Phil debating Joe Rogan on the Moon Hoax you'll see what I mean. Even though Joe is off his rocker, Phil never gets angry (though he does get exasperated at Joe's Gish Gallop).   

I think this is good news for Sekptics, rationalists, and critical thinkers.

The Rational Moderate

No comments: